Monday, May 27, 2013

Teenage girls

It is becoming a challenge to raise these pre-teen/teenage girls.  I remember being 12 & 13, hanging out with my friends and on occasion playing w/ my Barbies.  Yesterday my daughter told me about a girl who is 11 and having sex.  That was the furthest thing from my mind at that age.  What do these kids think sometimes?  I used to think it was the parents.  Where were they when this was going on?  Don't they know what their daughter is doing?  I have quickly learned that is not always the case.  My husband and I are very loving and try to be involved and interested in what they our kids do.  However I recently found out my 12 yr old tried cutting.  She did decide it didn't work for her...whew!  Where was I?  In the house with her, at work, taking the girls to school, telling them everyday how much I loved them and how beautiful they are.  I did read a bit of her journal and found her to be very confused, thinking of death, and then life. 

The people she was associating herself with were not good people.  Why was she their friend?  She thinks she can save the world.  If she is not their friend then who will be and they might make bad friends and do bad things, but since she is good she could help them be good.

Now that school is over for the summer I hope I can get her back on track.  To start with she is going to visit family for about 2 weeks or so.  Last weekend while hubby was gone us girls had a no electronics weekend.  No cell phones, I did however let them take their IPods when we went on our long drives to take hubby to his function and pick him up since it was about an 1hr 1/2 away.  I think it was a great things.  The girls and I watched movies, talked and had a pretty good time.  By today my 12 yr old was talking and hugging me. 

We will see what happens next

No comments:

Post a Comment